Thursday, June 2, 2011

Suppress Printer POPUP Mesages in Windows 7

Suppress Printer POPUP Mesages in Windows 7:
I banged my head againt the wall for a half hour on this so I thought I'd post it in case anyone else needs it. I was looking for a modern advanced method of dealing with this turns out the solution is somewhat old school.  Same way I did it in my XP environment.
Set Registry Keys:
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Printers\Settings\EnableBalloonNotificationsLocal" = “0”
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Printers\Settings\EnableBalloonNotificationsRemote"=”0”

Every Google Search turned up, garbage on doing this even in most cases saying it couldn't be done from the client it had to be done on the server, per printer.  I know I'll never get all of my server people to go change all the queues on all servers world wide.

No comments: